Also known as a cook’s knife, Chefs Knives are the workhorse of your kitchen. This is the knife to use for most food preparation tasks including dicing meat, chopping vegetables and even slicing fruits.
This popular knife has a thin sharp blade and generally features a curve at the end to allow for a slight rocking motion with cutting. Chef’s Knives range in size from 16cm up to 30cm
A Japanese Cook or Chef Knife is called a Santoku knife. Many Santoku knives feature çullens or scalloped blades; allowing for foods to fall off the blade easily.
Which is the Best Chefs Knife?
We have a chefs knife to suit everyone. Chefs knives are available in a wide range of sizes and styles to suit everyone’s cutting style. If you are looking for a new Chef knife, here are a few things to consider before choosing a knife. If you have any question, feel free to give us a call or send us an email
- If you have small hands, choose a smaller blade
- Decide on how thin (or thick) you would like your knife blade. Thinner blades will give you a greater manoeuvrability, however, they aren’t as strong as a thicker blade
- Do you prefer a lightweight knife or a heavier knife?
- Do you want a bolster on your knife?
- What type of handle do you prefer?