The Shun Classic Chef’s Knife 25cm is lightweight and highly maneuverable. This sized Chef’s knife is ideal for a variety of tasks such as slicing, dicing and chopping larger sized foods with the larger blade providing extra leverage. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the chopping board and is extra handy when transferring cut foods from chopping board to pan. With it’s curved belly the Chef’s knife can be gently rocked through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince.
For superior quality cutting results every time there is simply nothing like Shun. Made from 32 layers of folded and forged Japanese Damascus steel. Every knife is unique in its patterning of the Damascus steel. Together with dual sided ground blades and ergonomically designed comfort handle, you get outstanding results every time.
- 1 x Chefs Knife 25cm
Features of the Shun Classic Chefs knife 25cm
- 25cm Blade length
- A smaller, lighter and more maneuverable chef’s knife
- Hand-sharpened 16 degree double-bevel blade (32 degree comprehensive)
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood
- Handcrafted in Japan
- 100% forged Quality Japanese steel
- Attractive gift box
- Extremely sharp cutting edge
- VG-10 core encased by 32 layers of forged Damascus pattern steel.
- To ensure protection of your Shun knife we recommend using a knife block, a knife case, in-draw knife holder, sheath or magnetic bar. Throwing your Shun knife into a draw with other cutlery can dull or chip your knife.
- Timber and polypropylene cutting boards are recommended as they are soft materials which shall be forgiving to the blade edge. Essentially if the knife leaves a cut line in the board it is sufficiently soft. We do not recommend cutting on ceramic, marble, granite or acrylic as these shall blunt your blade edge quickly.
- Hone your blade regularly avoids the need for full sharpening and extends the life of your knife.