Shun of Japan specialise in making some of the worlds Best Knives. The Shun Classic Paring Knife is another fine example.
The Shun Classic Paring knife is a very versatile knife to have in the kitchen. Use your Shun Paring Knife to peel or pit fruits and vegetables or complete other detailed work such as trimming and decorating. The small size gives you complete control over the blade. Always the Chef Knife, Carving Knife and other knives get recognition in the Kitchen. The Paring Knife is truly a must have.
Shun Classic Paring Knife 8.9cm details:
- 1 x Paring Knife 8.9cm
- 8.9cm Blade length
- Hand sharpened 16 degrees double-bevel blade
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood
- Hand-crafted in Japan
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side (68 total) stainless Damascus cladding
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Attractive gift box
- Extremely sharp cutting edge
1. To ensure protection of your Shun knife we recommend using a knife block, a knife case, in-draw knife holder, sheath or magnetic bar. Throwing your Shun knife into a draw with other cutlery can dull and also chip your knife.
2. Timber and polypropylene cutting boards are recommended as they are soft materials which shall be forgiving to the blade edge. Essentially if the knife leaves a cut line in the board it is sufficiently soft. We do not recommend cutting on ceramic, marble, granite or acrylic as these shall blunt your blade edge quickly.
3. Hone your blade regularly avoids the need for full sharpening and extends the life of your knife.
4. Due to many dishwasher detergents having high corrosive agents in them such as citrus based concentrates it is not recommended to wash your Shun knife in the dishwasher. A mild dish detergent is far less corrosive and is better for the long term protection of your knife against pitting and marking.