Whether it be for an anniversary, engagement or wedding gift you simply can’t turn away from the grandness and bespoke craftmanship of this Diamond Jubilee Queen’s Cake knife by Whitehill cutlers, Sheffield England.
Your Whitehill Queens Diamond Jubilee Cake knife has 6 force stamped hallmarks for identification and guarantee. These include:
- WS&P – Whitehill Silver & Plate
- n – The date letter for the year of production
- Lion Passant – Sterling Silver Mark by Assay Office – guarantee of purity
- 925 – European Hallmark – introduced by the EC after harmonization – guarantee of purity
- Tudor Rose – Hallmark of the Assay Office
- Diamond Jubilee – Queens Hallmark and shall only be used for items produced in 2012 making your knife a highly prized collectible for the future.
Details of Whitehill Silver Queens Diamond Jubilee Cake Knife – Hallmarked Sterling Silver
- Size: 27cm approx
- Sterling Silver [pure silver]
- Hallmarked 925 European guarantee of purity
- Hand polish
About the Whitehill Silver Queens Diamond Jubilee Cake Knife Manufacturing:
After melting of pure Silver ingots, the alloy master adds a percentage of Copper and other elements to create Sterling Silver. Speciliast cutlers have made this knife in limited production using traditional methods of 925 part per 1000. A die setter sets the lead force stamp (reversed pattern) into the die and the traditional weighted drop hammer force stamps the 925 part pure silver to create the Queens parish design in to each half of the handle.
The handles are joined by way of Silver welding and then ground and polished by hand to give the statement handle for this knife. The blade of the knife has been hand forged in Sheffield England and bolstered with the handle with a Egg Cup bolster to ensure a solid lifetime union between the blade and handle.
Many people think that caring for silver plated cutlery is a continual time consuming effort but this simply is not true. To care for your silver plated cutlery simply wash in warm soapy water, rinse clean and dry with a soft cloth. We also sell recommended Hagerty silver cleaning range which unlike older style cleaning and polishing products is not detrimental to the plating and is carefully formulated to respect the surface of your precious cutlery.
Silver and Silver plated cutlery should NEVER be used in a dishwasher.