Stoneware has been used for centuries to create quality stoneware dinner sets, cookware, servingware and decor pieces. At Tableking our ranges of stoneware offer customers versatily, durability and in many cases the unique beauty of handmade craftsmanship. One of the biggest benefits of our stoneware dinnerware and table ranges are that they can not only be used daily but can easily be dressed up to make a stunning tablescape.
Amongst our brands of Stoneware we carry Handmade English brands of Denby UK and Burleigh. These two companies are two of the oldest Handmade English Stoneware pottery manufacturers and yes every piece is unique and Made in UK.
Here are our top 6 reasons why Stoneware should be seriously considered when investing in new tableware:
- Stoneware is super tough! When clay is baked at very high temperatures the product is very durable dinnerware. Many of our customers still own Denby tableware gifted to them at their wedding some 30 years ago.
- Use your stoneware from the oven to table. Create yummy puddings and souffles in your stoneware teacups, bake individual homemade pies in your stoneware bowls and warm your dinner plates in the oven before serving food to help keep the meal warm. All of this and more is possible with the use stoneware. Many of our Stoneware dinner set ranges also have bakeware available in the range, whilst it is not necessary these accessory pieces create a beautiful cohesive look with your chosen dinner set at the table.
- Stoneware has superior chip resistance. When investing in a dinner set it is comforting to know that you don’t have to be too precious when loading the dishwasher or stacking your plates when you choose stoneware. Stoneware such as Denby tableware can last for decades even around a busy family at meal times.
- Whilst Stoneware can lend itself to a casual feel, new Stoneware designs have sleek contemporary shaping and/or high gloss glazing suitable for a more formal table.
- Stoneware pottery can offer a thicker more scratch resistant glazing giving you more durability that general tableware.
- Stoneware is Microwave, Dishwasher, Freezer and Oven Safe. Brilliant!
Like all dinnerware Stoneware does not like extreme temperature changes so make sure you avoid going straight from Oven to Freezer you can look here.